Ilketshall St. Andrew & St. John
A County Wildlife Site and area of historic importance
- Regular mowing of permissive pathways throughout growing season.
- Routine maintenance strimming around selected access points, pond fronts, information boards and benches.
- Targeted spot spraying for thistles on Great Common.
- The overwintered uncut areas were cut and baled at the end of April.
- Volunteers cleared along Great Common Lane between the village sign and Hawthorn Farm.
- Grass flailed at The Mardle.
- Grass strimmed when required around selected pond fronts, benches and information boards.
- Permissive pathways kept cut between April and September.
- Volunteers made and installed oak benches on Peardyke Common, Blacksmiths Common and Great Common South.
- Access points strimmed in readiness for hay cut.
- Volunteers cleared overhanging and dangerous trees along Tooks Common Lane.
- Annual hay cut started on 1st July.
- High species late cut completed August.
- Flailing and hedgerow management commenced late October.
- Volunteers replaced all seven of the information boards at various locations.