Ilketshall St. Andrew & St. John
A County Wildlife Site and area of historic importance
- 22nd July. Trial harrowing undertaken today as detailed in Management Plan.
- 21st July. Annual hay cut completed with Blacksmiths Common cut and baled.
- 30th June. Routine maintenance strimming around specific access points, pond fronts, information boards and benches.
- 15th June. Pond surveys carried out.
- 8th June. Third cut of permissive pathways.
- 14th May. Second cut of permissive pathways.
- 13th May. Routine maintenance strimming around selected access points, pond fronts, information boards and benches.
- 13th May. Targeted spot spraying for thistles on Great Common.
- April. First cut of permissive pathways.
- The overwintered uncut areas were cut and baled at the end of April.
- Volunteers cleared along Great Common Lane between the village sign and Hawthorn Farm.
- Grass flailed at The Mardle.
- Grass strimmed when required around selected pond fronts, benches and information boards.
- Permissive pathways kept cut between April and September.
- Volunteers made and installed oak benches on Peardyke Common, Blacksmiths Common and Great Common South.
- Access points strimmed in readiness for hay cut.
- Volunteers cleared overhanging and dangerous trees along Tooks Common Lane.
- Annual hay cut started on 1st July.
- High species late cut completed August.
- Flailing and hedgerow management commenced late October.
- Volunteers replaced all seven of the information boards at various locations.