Ilketshall St. Andrew & St. John
A County Wildlife Site and area of historic importance
- First indications are that grass yields are down 50% on last year.
- The annual hay cut commenced on 4th July.
- April/May has seen Green-winged Orchids flowering.
- The grass pathways around the commons are due their first cut by the end of April. During May strimming will be done around bench seats, information boards and some gateways.
- In January applications from any Commoner or Parishioner were invited to become a Director on the ‘Board’ of the Land Management Company. The only applications received were from the current officers who were duly re-elected by the Commoners Association and the Parish Council.
- Our AGM was held at the Village Hall on 17th February.
- It is proposed three more bench seats will be installed. The locations being two on Great Common and the other at Mill Common.